Piper J-3 Cub 1/4 2690 mm Hangar 9Key Features
* Full-bodied, posable pilot figure
* Scale dash including Cub in tachometer
* Scale Cub wheels and functioning landing gear
* Operating door panels and removable interior seating for easy access to the planes interior
* Collapsible wing struts connected to wing and fuselage with an intelligent pin and cotter key system
* Tubular construction for top outline more true-to-Cub scale lines
* Scale fin to fuselage fillet
* Covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote®
Large scale air enthusiast will marvel at the Hangar 9 giant-scale, super detailed J-3 Cub. The Cub is perfect for a first-time large scale flight experience because of its smooth flight characteristics.
Hangar 9 has thought of just about everything to make this 1/4-scale Cub an incredibly accurate replica of the ever-popular Piper J-3 Cub. Right down to the scale dash with Piper Cub emblem in the tachometer, this is the large scale beauty designed with the scale admirer in mind. Scale enthusiasts will appreciate the more realistic Cub outline facilitated by simulated scale tubular construction of the top fuselage contour. Likewise, the scale fin-to-fuselage fillet molding echoes its full-scale counterpart. The scale Cub wheels and working landing gear facilitate easier landings, touch-and-go excitement and one-wheel arrivals.
Scale fanatics will be astonished by the full-bodied pilot figure that is not only of accurate scale but is also posable. The operating door panels offer easy access to the interior of the plane and interior seating locks to the cockpit floor yet is also removable; both also contribute to the scale realism of the full-size Cub.
Besides the unparalleled scale detail, you also get smart design features like collapsible wing struts that are connected to the wing with a pivoting pin and keeper, while a pin and cotter key system allows the struts to be removed from the fuselage without hassle. The 2-piece stab can also be removed if necessary.
The J-3 Cub can also be transformed by luxury of gas-and-go by adding a Zenoah G20ei engine (ZENE20EI).