Tamiya 1:24 Toyoda Model AATamiya is happy to welcome the Model AA to its product line-up. Now a major player in the global car market, Toyota
had modest beginnings in 1933 as the automobile section of the Toyoda Automatic Loom Works company. The Model
AA was their first production car, released in 1936 and as it was still an internal department of Toyoda, this car bears
the unfamiliar “–da” ending to the brand name (in 1937 the automobile division became an individual entity and
changed to the Toyota name still used today). The Model AA was sold as a domestically designed and produced
competitor to U.S.-made cars, its stylish and flowing body mounted on a ladder frame and the whole package powered
by a 3.4-liter inline-6 engine. Around 1,400 AAs rolled out of the factory over its 6 years of production, an important first
step in the making of the Toyota brand.
About the Model
· This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 202mm, width: 73mm, height: 75mm
· The graceful, flowing body of the Model AA is captured with accuracy.
· Features such as the seats, floor panels, ladder frame, engine underside, muffler and suspension are
faithfullydepicted using a minimum of fuss and intuitive parts breakdown.
· Comes with photo-etched parts to recreate the elegant front wing emblem.
· Metal-plated parts are utilized to recreate bumpers, front grille, and windshield wipers.
· Metallic decals recreate body side and bonnet detailing.
· Includes a highly-realistic driver figure which was designed using the latest scanning technology.